Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Good news to report.

I just spoke to the doctor at Banfield, and Biscuit is out of surgery and doing okay! He was just coming out of the anesthesia at about 1:30. Everything went exactly as expected and there were no complications. The doc removed between seven and eight bladder stones and took an X-ray to make sure he got them all. They also cleaned his teeth and he didn't need to have any extractions, which is very good news.

The bad news is that I can't see him till Thursday. He has a catheter sutured in place right now, so he needs to lie pretty still so he doesn't disturb it. Seeing me might be too exciting/upsetting, so I shouldn't see him till the catheter is removed on Thursday morning. If he is doing well then, I should be able to bring him home on Thursday night.

I'm going to call back and see if they can play NPR for him.

No comments: