Thursday, February 02, 2006

The patient patient.

Biscuit's home! I picked him up a couple of hours ago from the vet. He's actually doing really well. His incision is very bruised, but he doesn't seem to be in pain. He's very needy and a little spastic right now--just not very calm. But that's okay, I think. At least he's not passed out in pain.

They gave me the stones in a little vial. They look like big fish gravel, rounded, about the size of coffee beans. They're really kind of freaky. They sent some off to be analyzed, and then they'll know why they formed in the first place. In the meantime, he has to go on a special diet that will probably help more stones from forming, if they are a certain kind. I'm thinking of having the stones put into a studded collar for him. No, just kidding.

He's wearing one of those funnel collars, and it squishes his fur all up around his face. He keeps running into things because he's not used to the way it makes him hold his head. I try not to laugh, but then I'll hear a loud crash from the other side of the house and he'll be staggaring around like a drunkard. He was trying to get his ball out from under the chair, and that was not a successful endeavor.

Oh, and his right foreleg is shaved, so he has one poodle leg and one regular.

I'm not laughing! I just have something in my eye!

No comments: